Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Life's a beach!

It's definitely summer and the weather has been fantastic. After our day in the sun on Sunday, Justin and I had a relaxing lazy day at home on Monday with just a quick trip to the supermarket and then to the playground. But today we were out the house by 8am as I had to drop Row off at work so I decided to take Justin to the beach. He was kitted out in his boardies, white t-shirt, camo hat and lots and lots of sunblock. Justin doesn't have any toys to play with in the sand so I thought I'd be able to buy some at the beach...but alas, no toys for sale. Justin, however found a set of twins, 1 boy and 1 girl, about 2.5 years old, to play with and they were nice enough to share their toys with him. We were at the beach for about 45mins and Justin thoroughly enjoyed himself. I thought he'd be grumpy as he missed his morning nap and I was bracing myself but he was so good. We got home and I fed him an early lunch and he was playing on the balcony and when he started getting tired he grabbed his dummy and blankey and snuggled up to me. I quickly took this cue and put him down for a nap which lasted an hour and a half which is really quite something! After his nap and on our way to pick Row up, I stopped off at Toys R Us to buy Justin some toys and we're going to try them out tomorrow.

Life's a beach but hey, someone's got to enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment