Sunday, 26 September 2010

A good start to summer

The weather this week has been fabulous and I decided to take advantage. I had read somewhere that there was going to be a Wine and Food Festival at the Entertainment Quarter which happens to be within walking distance from our house. So I organised to meet up with two friends, Lisa and Frits, while Row studied. Ordinarily, the Entertainment Quarter has a village market every Wednesday and Saturday and a craft market every Sunday with various food stalls, the chorizo rolls being our favourite. On arrival, we eagerly checked out the various tents and were quite disappointed to find that most of the tents were for the wine tasting and that they only had four extra tents for food which wasn't raising much of an interest. But since we were there and the weather was so good and Justin was dying to get out of his pram, we bought lunch from the regular food stalls and proceeded to find a table. The day turned out to be a glorious relaxing day in the sun, enjoying the company of friends. Justin had a ball running around the vast grass lawns, checking out the petting farm, watching the older children playing inside huge balls on the water and jumping on the castle and playing in the playground. The lawn became quite full with people eventually just sitting on the grass or on picnic blankets when all the tables and chairs were taken. Looking around, I realised that if this is how Sydneysiders spend their days during the summer, I'm all for it and looking even more forward to summer.

Sitting at a table on the lawn enjoying the music and good weather
To summer...cheers!

1 comment:

  1. yay for summer....I'm sure you can't wait for Row to be done with studies so you can enjoy the summer weather together! feeling envious as we're going into winter, dark mornings, early evenings.....enjoy summer! great post!

    ReplyDelete