A few months ago, Row and I were sleep training Justin and it was going really well, he was sleeping through the night. We even got his daytime naps into a routine and he'd have a short morning nap and a longer afternoon nap. Well.....it's all gone awry! Last Friday evening, or early Saturday morning at 3am, our inconsiderate, selfish neighbours decided to have a chat and a smoke out on their balcony which is right outside Justin's window. Their laughing and talking, not even quiet talking, woke Justin up and he couldn't go back to sleep. At 4am I opened Justin's window and asked them if they would mind keeping it down, it's 4am. Their response...."we're just having a cigarette!" Our neighbour came out onto the balcony and said they would keep it down....half an hour later, they were singing Sinead O' Connor's "Nothing compares to you"....that's how loud it was, I knew exactly which song it was and was even singing along to it in my head in my dreamlike trance. Being winter and freezing, I couldn't stand next to Justin's cot any longer and put him in bed with us where he was able to sleep for another 2hours but that threw his whole routine out and he was tired and cranky the rest of the day. Row did have a chat with the neighbour who admitted that he had a bit too much to drink and said it wouldn't happen again...yeah right! And then he had the cheek to say that he sometimes hears Justin crying in the morning!!!!!!!!
Anyways, since that morning, Justin has been waking up in the middle of the night and for the past 2 nights, he's been waking up every 2 hours, like a newborn baby! For 2 nights, I resorted to giving him a bottle just to make him go back to sleep without too much fuss. It's been a week now and I'm wrecked!
It doesn't help that he's learning to walk and developing all sorts of other new skills like winking and feeding himself which could also be the reasons for his sleep regression. Let's hope this passes soon!
I feel better now that I've had my rant, maybe I should go have a nap since Justin is at daycare :)
No comments:
Post a Comment