Saturday, 16 January 2010

Apartment hunting,chocolate O.D, Justin's expressions

Justin is now 8 months old and he is so much fun, he really keeps us entertained. He's discovering all the noises he can make and the expressions he can make. I particularly like his expression in the top photo, I call it his bull face because he scrunches up his face and then breathes heavily through his nose. The expression on the photo below it reminds me of an old man with no teeth. He's also getting braver, using anything he can to pull himself up.






Row and I have seen 15 apartments this week and we've only liked about 5 of them. It is scary to see what is out there and the rental that they are asking for. Getting an apartment is quite cut-throat here; it involves applications checking employment, reference checks, bank statements and rental history which makes it quick difficult for us as neither Row nor I are currently working, we don't have a rental history and our bank accounts don't show much so we have quite a difficult task up ahead. To make things worse, there is a shortage of housing in Sydney so people pretty much resort to adding on an extra $10 to $20 per week in the hopes that this will make their application successful. But we have no choice but to keep looking otherwise we'll be homeless so everyone hold thumbs that we have at least 1 successful application.

The last few days we've been indulging and over-eating. Gareth and Karin were in town so we went out for yum cha with them on Thursday and then for Japanese ramen that night. On Friday we joined Louise's (my brother's girlfriend) family for lunch at the Sydney fish market and munched our way through a seafood platter consisting of fish and chips, scallops, prawn kebabs, cooked oysters, calamari and squid heads. On top of that we also bought raw oysters, sashimi and soft shell crabs. For tea we met up with old friends at the Lindt Chocolate Cafe and I OD'd on chocolate. I ordered an iced chocolate and then to share, we ordered a strawberry dipping plate which is fresh strawberries and a pot of chocolate to dip the strawberries and we ordered a chocolate custard eclair. I will admit that I was too busy stuffing my face to take photos but take my word for it that it was all delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment