Friday, 23 August 2013

Happy 1st birthday Ava!

I am a terrible mommy :(

Ava turned one 6 weeks ago and I haven't had a chance to update our blog with this big milestone. In the run-up to our baby girl's first birthday, Row and I were debating about whether or not to have a party. Having a birthday party at the park in the middle of July didn't thrill either of us. But since it's Ava's first birthday and you only turn 1 once :) I decided we had to celebrate and convinced Row to jump on board with the idea. I managed to secure an indoor location at the Randwick Community Centre so it was a go!  The theme was "Owls", I learnt my lesson from Justin's parties, keep it simple otherwise you'll struggle to bake a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake. I love Pinterest!!!!! Came up with so many ideas for the invitations, cakes and cupcakes and decor. I've also learnt to ask for help so I asked my Dragon Babes mummy group to each bring a plate of eats and I asked my very creative sister-in-law to make bunting which just left me to bake the cupcakes and birthday cake. 

The night before Ava's party, I was making the cupcakes and had an idea in mind. Alas, Row turned out to be the super-creative mind and had so much fun decorating the cupcakes. Each owl had it's persona!!!!! Which meant each owl was uniquely decorated :) And the owl cake was made on the morning of the party. Poor Ava was not feeling well on the day of her party but she was a trooper! It was great having all the babies together to celebrate, pity we missed taking a group shot. Ava passed out in the car on the way home, not sure if it was the excitement or that she was a bit miserable.

Happy 1st birthday Avakins! Love you so much, dada, mama and Justin

Party bags

Decorations

A big hug for the birthday girl

The bunting

The cupcakes

Birthday cake

The Mingdom

Ava cutting her cake

No comments:

Post a Comment