Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy 2013!

As you can see I'm rushing to update my blog before the news gets old. What a busy, exhausting, happy and fun year 2012 was. There were some lows but a lot more highs. 

Yesterday was our 3rd anniversary of arriving in Sydney and it's been a good three years. Sydney feels like home and the sight of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House never gets old. We're still exploring the city and finding new things to do and see, learning our way around and sometimes still feeling like tourists. 

Our life as a family of four has finally found some rhythm and we're in somewhat of a routine. Justin is still keeping us on our toes, keeping us entertained with his antics and  astounding us with all that he learns. We're all enjoying Ava very much so and it feels like she's growing so much quicker than Justin did so we're really trying to savour each minute with her. Every time she learns something or does something, we're still amazed by how babies grow and develop, even being the second child....I think we've just forgotten these early milestones because Justin is also reaching new ones. So life with two has been good and it can only get better.

Row has also settled into his new job and has made peace (kind of) with having to commute once or twice a week. I'm getting use to being a stay-at-home mom of 2 and will admit that I am thankful that Justin goes to daycare twice a week. It just gives me and Ava some bonding time and also for me to run errands and only having to worry about one child. This year will see me juggling even more balls as I'll be going back to studying....hmmm, will see how that pans out. 

We had a rather quiet end to a very busy year as both Ava and I were sick. So the girls stayed home and the boys went to Coogee beach for the family fireworks which they really enjoyed. But they were home early enough for Row and I to see the new year in together. 

Wishing all our family and friends, all around the world, a happy and blessed 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment