In some respects this pregnancy seems to have flown by, in other respects, it feels like I've been pregnant for a long time. Officially though, I am now 31 weeks and 5 days. Thankfully this pregnancy has been an easy one although when I was pregnant with Justin, it wasn't very different. But it sure is harder on the body when you're carrying a baby and chasing after a very active little boy. So I have had a few more back and hip pains but nothing some stretches don't ease. The last two or weeks or so, sleep has become an issue as I can't find a comfy position to lie in. Some nights when I am quite tired, I'll fall asleep easily but will wake up to change position and then have difficulty falling asleep again. We've been quite lax this time around in terms of getting ready for baby even though there's a heap of things I should be doing like clearing out the one chest of drawers for baby, washing the clothes, re-arranging Justin's room to fit the cot in (although that will be more Row's job than mine!), buying nappies and wet wipes, etc etc.....yikes, maybe I should stop blogging and get my butt into gear!
After our trip to South Africa and having a(n unsuccessful) scan to check the sex of the baby, I came back to Sydney and the midwife agreed to refer me for another scan. This time I prepped baby by eating chocolate before our scan and baby was lying in a better position. The ultrasound technician sounded pretty confident that it's a little girl! Row's happy, he gets his princess....Justin's happy cos he gets his baby sister and I'm just happy that baby's healthy and yes, that I get a girl too. Baby Girl Ming is growing on track to be as big her brother was, a whopping 3.5kg which is just the average size in Australia! Eeeek, hope I can go natural again.
Baby Girl Ming is super active, seems to be more active than Justin was which has me worried. I'll definitely need to get into shape and build up my fitness level to keep up with these two. She hates it when I sleep on my side...maybe I'm squashing her so she'll kick and punch and squirm and somersault until I lie on my back, elevated of course...then all is calm again.
Due date is still a 2 months away but will keep you posted.
| 30 weeks and 1 day |
Wow Tash ... looking swell! Hope you won't need your walking stick after the birth this time ;-p
ReplyDelete