Who would've thunk that parents of babies that go to day care would have parent teacher meetings! Actually our meeting was set for last Friday but because Justin was sick and didn't go to day care, our meeting was canceled so we had a quick chat this morning when I dropped Justin off. The teacher makes a portfolio for each child and this contains observations, objectives, outcomes and photographs and even a little bit or artwork. I think this portfolio will be nice for Justin to look through when he's older and it's nice for us now even, to see how he has grown and developed. It's nice to hear that Justin is settled at day care and has made friends, formed bonds with his teachers and is open to new challenges and discoveries, let's hope this stays with him for life! As first time parents, each new thing that our baby has learned is amazing to us and Row and I were reading and re-reading Justin's portfolio, pouring over each observation, soaking in the details of each experience and basking in the pride that this is our son. Even though Justin is the little being that's doing all this hard work, I feel like Row and I deserve a pat on our backs!
Justin, we love you so much and you've made us so proud!
well done Justin, you make us all proud!
ReplyDelete