Thursday, 1 April 2010

2nd Day at Day Care

We were a bit worried about Justin settling in at day care since his day to be there would fall on Good Friday and that would mean a 2 week break. Thankfully the day care was accommodating and understanding and offered to have Justin in on an alternate day.

Early Wednesday morning, Row changed and washed, changed Justin, fed him breakfast, packed his bag and got him ready for school all while I lay in bed trying to recover from a tummy bug. Hats off to dad as he still managed to leave home at his normal time of 7:30am although he did miss his own breakfast. Thankfully I wasn't that sick and managed to get a lot of things done while Justin was at day care and this included a nice leisurely breakfast. Row called to say that Justin was happy enough when he left but wasn't sure how he was faring but since the school hadn't called neither Row nor I, we assumed Justin was fine.

Seeing as it was only Justin's 2nd day and he has a week's break between, it was another half day for young master Ming. At lunch time, I made my over to North Sydney to collect my little munchkin. On arrival, the room leader cheerfully informed me that Justin was a happy little chappie who even succumbed to a half hour nap (not long, I know, but good enough for his first nap at day care ...and better than him standing in his crib, stamping his feet like his first day!) While I was talking to his teacher, Justin was busy playing with the toys and a few other kids, all girls! The teachers were very happy with Justin, saying he had his morning bottle, was about to have his lunch bottle, tasted his lunch but didn't finish it, although he finished his dessert, he had a nap and he reached out to the other children and got 'involved' in the activities. His teacher also commented how affectionate Justin is, very generous with his kisses, both with the other children and with the teachers.

At the end of each day, the teacher puts together a daily diary which is a powerpoint presentation of the day's activities and Justin was in a few pictures....him eating snack; him pulling his face at the lunch; him playing with the building blocks with another girl,;him listening to story time....oh too cute!

Although Justin was happy to see me, he wasn't too happy to be at home with just mum as his playmate and his few, boring toys! And he made sure I knew all about it by being very hard to please...but I managed to get a smile out of him....eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment